In 2018 I actually read some non-fanfiction and made progress reading the unread books in my book case(s). Unfortunately I lost steam somewhere around September and just spent the rest of the year binge-watching Supernatural. I think the lesson is read more science fiction not by white dudes and don't pick up a 600-page work of nonfiction on Watergate you know you won't finish if you're trying to keep the momentum going.
1. Defending the Land: Sovereignty and Forest Life in James Bay Cree Society - Ronald Niezen*
2. Mother Panic v.1 "A Work in Progress"
3. Ancillary Justice - Ann Leckie (reread)
4. Ancillary Sword - Ann Leckie (reread)
5. Ancillary Mercy - Ann Leckie (reread)
6. Jeeves and the Wedding Bells - Sebastian Faulks*
7. Snow Hunters - Paul Yoon*
8. Doom Patrol: Planet Love v.6 (#58-63) - Grant Morrison
9. Shade the Changing Girl v.1: Earth Girl Made Easy
10. Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye v.2: "Every Me, Every You"
11. Black Rain - Masuji Ibuse*
12. Shade the Changing Girl v.2: Little Runaway
13. Hawkeye: My Life as a Weapon v.1
14. The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse - Louise Erdrich*
15. World War Z - Max Brooks*
16. Kill All Normies: Online Culture Wars from 4chan and Tumblr to Trump and the Alt-Right - Angela Nagle
17. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows*
18. Saga v.2-5
19. Trouble on Triton - Samuel Delany*
20. Ice Land - Betsy Tobin*
21. All Systems Red: The Murderbot Diaries (#1) - Martha Wells
22. Artificial Conditions (#2) - Martha Wells
23. Rogue Protocol (#3) - Martha Wells
24. Exit Strategy (#4) - Martha Wells
25. Moving Pictures - Terry Pratchett
26. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet - Becky Chambers (audiobook)
*9 whole books read and removed from my bookshelves! And I received fewer than nine books for Christmas so I'm still ahead if I start reading them immediately and don't wait ten years like how I got into the current situation. Unfortunately, I pulled out all the best looking (and shortest) stuff first, so I don't know how the next 9 books will go. For 2019 I'd like to polish off at least one shelf. Podfic
2018 was a personal best. Not including group podfics: 12 podfics in 7 fandoms or 12:25:46. This brings my total completed podfics for the past decade up to 68 and total hours to 56:55:25, with a mean of 50 minutes 14 seconds and a median of 16 minutes. Previous years' stats
Given that I completed a 7-hour podfic I had started in 2016, I don't think I'm going to achieve 12 hours of finished podfic in 2019, but I'd like to do more shorter podfics in a wider variety of fandoms. And also set up permanent hosting so I can stream the podfics and people on mobile devices can actually listen to them haha.